Only in America can you be pro-death penalty, pro-war, pro-unmanned drone bombs, pro-nuclear weapons, pro-guns, pro-torture, pro-land mines, and still call yourself ‘pro-life’.
John Fugelsang (via framesmedia)
vruz: pro-democracy and pro-free speech also. it’s lovely to respect what your fellow citizens have to say, but just in case you don’t like it, bring your gun with you to make a point.
• 1953: USA overthrows democratically elected Prime Minister Mossadeq of Iran, then installs dictator Shah
• 1954: USA overthrows democratically elected President Arbenz of Guatemala 200,000 civilians killed
• 1963: USA backs assassination of S. Vietnamese President Diem.
• 1963-1975: American military kills 4 million people in Southeast Asia.
• September 11th, 1973: U.S. stages coup in Chile. Democratically elected President Salvador Allende assassinated. Dictator Augusto Pinochet installed. 5,000 Chileans murdered.
• 1977: U.S. backs military rulers of El Salvador. 70,000 Salvadorans and 4 American nuns killed.
• 1980S: US trains Osama bin Laden and fellow terrorists to kill soviets. CIA funds $3 billion.
• 1981: Regan administration trains and funds “contras” 30,000 Nicaraguans die.
• 1982: US provide billions in aid to Saddam Hussein for weapons to kill Iranians.
• 1983: White House secretly gives Iran weapons to kill Iraqis.
• 1989: CIA agent Manuel Noriega (also serving as President of Panama) disobeys orders from Washington. So, US invade Panama and removes Noriega. 3,000 Panamanian casualties.
• 1990: Iraq invades Kuwait with weapons from US
• 1991: US enter Iraq. Bush reinstated dictator of Kuwait.
• 1998: Clinton bombs “weapons factory” in Sudan, factory turns out to be making Aspirin.
• 1991: American planes bomb Iraq on a weekly basis. UN estimates over 500,000 Iraqi children die from bombing and sanctions.
• 2000-2001: US gives Taliban-ruled Afghanistan $245 million in “aid”
2001: 3,000 murdered in 9/11 attacks.
And this is a selective list of atrocities. Woot Yoo Ess Ayy.
@JohnFugelsang: Rick Perry believes America is the Greatest Nation on Earth that Texas just might have to one day secede from.